Today is the biggest NHL day of the week, as it features 12 games, which means there are 24 teams playing tonight, which ALSO means you are probably staring at your screen thinking “what the hell am I going to do today”. Don’t worry, here is some advice on who to start, sit and stream for tonight!
Start, ok, now I am not going over obvious players like Steven Stamkos or any of that nature, and I won’t go into great depth on these players but just by looking at their track record of their previous game, these guys deserve a start.
- David Perron, I think this is a logical option for a start his LW, RW flexibility doesn’t hurt either but Perron has been consistent for the Golden Knights and tallies 15 points on the year. Playing a still unknown Vancouver team, Perron could be valuable for sure. In his last five, he has 1 goal, 6 assists, and 1 power play point.
- Eric Staal, being that Minnesota is struggling on the offensive side of things with some injuries there have been two players for Minnesota in the mix all season thus far and Staal is one of them. In Staals last five games he has 2 goals, 4 assists, and 1 power play point.
- Tomas Hertl, the Sharks have been firing lately and heading to Florida to play an inconsistent Panthers team makes this start a little easier. Anyways, Hertl has collected 1 goal, 3 assists, 15 shots on goal and tallies around 18 minutes per game.
- Kyle Palmieri, since coming back into the lineup recently, Palmieri is due for a goal or point or something, he plays a major role in the Devils offense, plus power play time. Against a tough Toronto opponent, the Devils best will need to step up to secure a win.
- Evgenii Dadonov, being paired with Barkov and Huberdeau is a great asset to Dadonov’s production and Barkov has been scoring, plus the Panthers offense is not all that terrible. Dadonov plays around 20 minutes per game and in his last five games 1 goal, 2 assists and 15 shots on goal.
Sit, now this one is a bit tricky but some definite sits are obvious to some like but on a packed night like today it should be pretty obvious that you are sitting players like Justin Faulk. Well here are five sits for the day.
- Josh Bailey, on the contingency that it is a deeper league and not 10-man, but 100 percent in a 10-man league you are sitting Bailey. Bailey has recorded 4 assists in his last five games and during those five he’s gone three games with zero shots on net. He’s still valuable but too much risk tonight for Bailey, sit him.
- Jake Guentzel, where has he been all year? Well if this continues Guentzel will be riding third line minutes and become basically invaluable. In Guentzel’s last five he has 2 goals and 8 shots on goal. Even worse in Guentzel’s last ten games, he has just 2 goals and 2 assists. Definite sit.
- Jason Spezza, there has been no one to pair with this guy and his fantasy value continues to decrease on a night where every team in the NHL plays basically, you cannot fathom to start a guy like Spezza he is playing around 13 minutes per game and in his last ten games he has 1 goal and 3 assists and 3 power play points. To make it even easier for you he is playing Tampa Bay. Sit.
- Bryan Little, now the Jets offense is great and have been on fire as of late but Little is not the reason for it. The Jets are going to be playing a pissed off Flyers team, after getting shutout two games in a row, the Flyers need to see some light here. To matters worse Little scored his first goal in 11 games Tuesday night and has just two goals on the season.
- Patrick Maroon, first he plays the Blues who just got shelled the other night and won’t let that happen again, second, I understand he scored a goal and assist in Edmonton’s 8-2 win but the nights where games are close or the Oilers loss he is irrelevant. Maroon besides last games goal, assists, has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last ten and went seven games without a goal. Sit.
Players worth some consideration, stream them if you please….
- Charlie Lindgreen vs Arizona
- Jordan Staal vs Islanders
- Alex Kerfoot vs Washington
- Sven Baertschi vs Vegas
- Joe Edmundson vs Edmonton
- Josh Morrisey vs Flyers