Your Week 8 Fantasy Football waiver wire news. By week 8 you should be able to tell if a player is worthy enough of a roster spot or not. The good part about later in the year adds is you have a sample size of them, you can tell how they have been doing for the last 6-7 weeks, but the downside is usually you will not find a waiver wire hero during this time of the year. Anyways here are my note-worthy waiver wire transactions!
- Danny Amendola: Kenny Stills is out, the Dolphins basically have no other wide receivers and he is coming off two good weeks. He plays Thursday night so if you are not seeing this right now, you are shot. Amendola is owned in 35% of leagues, he averages 9.05 points per week, he has 30 receptions on 38 targets for 294 yards and 1 touchdown. He saw 11 targets week 6 and 7 targets week 7, he’s definitely a solid add.
- Kenjon Barner: After Sony Michael went down Barner stepped in last week, while he did not do a great job. Rex Burkhead is also on the IR, so really this is the only option for New England. The upside he is a Patriot in the Patriots offense, has to mean something. He’s owned in 25% of leagues and has been added 15798 times this week.
- Chris Hogan: Another New England offensive player we can’t deny that the Patriots do a great job on the offensive side of things. Hogan started out rocky with only 17 points in 4 weeks but his most recent weeks have been 10+ point weeks. Last week he saw 7 targets for 63 yards and the week before he saw 4 targets for 4 receptions and 78 yards. Hogan is owned in 50% of leagues and will only increase his workload from here on out.
- Duke Johnson Jr: Debatable but hear me out, Nick Chubb did not look great last week and Carlos Hyde is gone that backfield is wide open for anyone. Johnson plays a tough Steelers opponent this week but there is room for exposure on that defense. Johnson Jr catches the ball as well, if Chubb does not do well Johnson Jr could step in. Don’t start him, but stash him for next week. Johnson Jr has zero rushing touchdowns and has two 12+ point weeks. He totals around 50.40 points on the year and is owned in 48% of leagues.
- Vance McDonald: A big TD or bust type of player but last week he saw 8 targets and out snapped Jesse James which is a good sign. McDonald has weeks where he’s tallied 5 points or 20 points. The trend is saying that McDonald looks to be the Steelers number one tight end, in an offense heavy team that is good. McDonald has 20 receptions 274 yards for 1 touchdown. He’s owned in 47% of leagues, it may be smart to go after him this week before he is gone.
- Benjamin Watson: Same as McDonald in a heavy offensive team Watson favors you here especially with the Saints playing Minnesota this week it will be a shootout. Watson sees around 5-6 targets a game. On the year he has 23 receptions 230 yards and 1 touchdown. He is owned in 47% of leagues.
- San Francisco DEF: They play Arizona’s offense, need I say more? The Cardinals have been struggling greatly on all sides of the ball but especially offensively. This could be a three week add as well as the 49ers play the Raiders next week and Giants the following week.
- Washington DEF: Divisional game definitely risky but the Redskins played the Cowboys last week and their defense posted 15 points, plus they managed 7 points vs the Packers in week three. This is a solid addition as they are coming off a big divisional win vs Dallas and now play the Giants. Take a snag at the Washington R words.