1. Charlie Coyle (C, RW) MIN: As the season is in the thickest part of the schedule, key players that had a rough first half will be called upon to turn it around for a big second half. Charlie Coyle had just 9 goals and 17 assists in 50 games played. In the week leading up to the All-Star break he did manage 2 goals and 2 assists. The Wild are just three points ahead of Dallas for third place in the Central. They have an important next month ahead of them and Coyle is a player that can play a big role in their success moving forward.
2. Colin Miller (D) VGK: Since returning from his injury Miller has recorded 4 assists in three games. The Golden Knights are again in the middle of a playoff run and with Miller back healthy he will play a large role in the Golden Knights success. Miller plays the power play, and upwards of 21 minutes a night. Aside from sheer minutes he is an effective point producing defenseman that can replace one of your struggling d-men.
3. Sven Baertschi (LW) VAN: The Canucks are still right there in a playoff hunt they are currently tied for the second wild card spot and one point ahead of the Ducks. The Canucks also just got back a healthy Elias Pettersson. Which in their last game before the break the Canucks had Beartschi, Pettersson and Brock Boeser on a line. If he does in fact stay with these two guys there is major upside to his value in fantasy. Keep an eye on his progression from week to week.
4. Joe Thornton (C) SJS: Sure the veteran does not have the same value in fantasy as he once did but Thornton is playing on a quick and explosive offense right now that is looking like they are going to be the favorites to come out of the West. Just having the players he does around him Thornton provides fantasy value. He is slotted with Marcus Sorensen and Kevin Lebanc on the third line but also on power play one. Thornton has 10 goals and 15 assists on the year.
5. Paul Stastny (C) VGK: The Golden Knights are getting their line up back healthy and Stastny is one of those guys that has missed a chunk of time this year. But since he has been back and healthy, the few games before the break he recorded an assist in four straight games. Stastny is playing with Max Pacioretty and Alex Tuch one of Vegas’s top performing lines at the moment. Stastny can provide a ton of value if he gets going after the break. On the year Stastny has 6 goals and 12 assists in 22 games.