Edition #2 of fantasy players of the week, as always all this is based off the teams performance, players performance and of course who contributed the most to their team.
- Elias Pettersson: In just three games this week Pettersson tallied 4 goals and 3 assists, with one game consisting of 5 points(2G, 3A). Plus the Canucks three games this week resulted in three wins. Pettersson has been the clear favorite for the Calder trophy thus far and an impact player to the Canucks roster. The Canucks are 9-6-0 with 18 points one point behind Calgary for the Pacific lead. The Canucks started out this way last year but it is clear Pettersson has really helped add another elite scoring forward to already Brock Boeser and put them where they are right now.
- Sean Monahan: The Pacific leading Flames have enjoyed their last week of play, in four games this week they won all four and moved a top the Pacific leading Vancouver by one point. The Flames success came off players like Monahan who tallied 4 goals and 4 assists, his big game coming Saturday vs Chicago where he scored 2 goals. Monahan now has 18 points(8G, 10A) on the year.
- Brayden Point: The RFA forward is clearly making his case for a nice contract this offseason. Point and the Lightning played in four games this week winning three of them, in those four games Point had 7 points, two goals and five assists. On the year Point has now 8 goals and 9 assists. With the contract of Yanni Gourde, this could mean Point is the odd-man out in Tampa coming the 2019 offseason.
- Elias Lindholm: Another Flames player on the list. Lindholm came onto Calgary from a trade in the offseason. Since the trade it seems Lindholm has enjoyed his tenure in Calgary, as this week he racked up 5 assists, 3 powerplay points and two goals. Lindholm’s big game came vs Chicago where he had 3 assists, on the year he now has 8 goals and 9 assists.
- Thomas Greiss: The Islanders have started off on the right side of things this year, after their win vs New Jersey Saturday they now sit on top of the Metropolitan division 8-4-1 with 17 points leading Pittsburgh. Greiss played in all three of the Islanders games this week, being brought in for relief in the Penguins game Tuesday making 12 of 13 saves, but his real two starts came later in the week. This week Greiss definitely earned himself star recognition with two wins a 1.24 goals against, .962 save percentage.
- Antti Raanta: The Coyotes are off to their best start since 2006, winning their last five games for the first time in nearly 10 years. Raanta has played a big part in the Coyotes success but this week he stepped up and during his two starts earned two wins. In two games this week Raanta allowed four goals on 77 shots. On the year Raanta has 5 wins a 2.10 GAA and .929 save percentage.