The NHL trade deadline is nearing in but so is the Fantasy Hockey trade deadline. Which means if you are a contending team looking to make a run at the holy grail of Fantasy Hockey trophies. You need to start thinking about re-vamping your roster a bit for that playoff push.
The Fantasy Hockey regular season has three weeks left until playoffs (for most leagues) therefore the clock is ticking peeps! Here are my top five options for players you can buy at a low price right now that can provide some big dividends to your roster come playoff time.
Buy Low, High Reward Fantasy Players:
- Pierre Luc-Dubois: A guy that is not well known around the league just yet therefore if you do not already have him the person who does have him probably does not value his worth so much and could be willing to sell for a relatively low price. Luc-Dubois is already the Blue Jackets #2 center, in-front of the net power play threat and has been a consistent forward all year. He 21 goals and 28 assists on the year. With the talk of Artemi Panarin possibly on the move, Luc-Dubois will be even more valuable if Panarin does leave.
- David Krejci: The Bruins #2 center, power play option and always the guy to be used when that line one is broken up. Krejci has filled in on the power pay for Pastrnak since he is out and picked up a par of points already. With Pastrnak out for the next 2 weeks it will be useful to have Krejci. On the year he has 14 goals nd 32 assists.
- Chris Kreider: For the sole reason that 80% of the Rangers goals and points come from the line this guy is on I’d say he is a good buy. Kreider is having one of his best years to date and it seems as if he is not slowing down. On the year he has 24 goals and 19 assists. He is not a big name and even if other teams do know of Kreider they probably do not value him as much as he could be worth. Definitely a solid buy low option.
- Sam Reinhart: With the Sabres making a push for the playoffs these next couple of weeks for them are going to be important. Reinhart plays a big role in their offense and when he is scoring and producing the Sabres are successful. Due to Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner, Rasmus Dahlin, Rasmus Ristolainen Reinhart fly’s a little under the radar. A team may be willing to sell this guy for a low price.
- William Nylander: After Nylander signed his big contract he went in a bit of a slump and some owners may ready to sell this guy or are even fed up with him. But he has been a lot better in his most recent games collecting 7 assists and 2 goals in his last 11 games. He has 8 assists and 3 goals on the year in 28 games. A player you could possibly say “look he has not been good all year, he is just hot right now” to convince the other owner, throw in a second round pick even too. Nylander is just catching fire and could be a great buy for owners.